Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Look who ELSE I met!!!





And I saw Eileen Collins! There was no way I was going to let her leave without getting a picture with her. She is such an inspiration to me since I was to be an astronaut.

Today in the bay where Discovery is "parked", we got a visit of the STS-114 crew.
I got to take a picture with Steve Robinson. He was the astronaut who pulled one of the gap fillers out while in orbit. It was good to talk to him about the gap fillers especially since I was involved in the failure analysis with the gap filler assessment group.

And finally, Wendy Lawrence, another great inspiration just motivating me even more to work hard and follow my dream. Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Wanda said...

That is so exciting! Great pictures. I bet this is one of many days you will never forget. You inspire me.

Amy said...

I think it's SO cool that you are following your dream, and totally succeeding!!!

Ed said...

Damaris, I have started a Space Blogroll; I already put your blog onto the roll. If you would like to display the Space Blogroll on your blog, the code for it is here:

http://robot_guy.blogspot.com/2005/11/space-cadets.html

As well, if there are any space blogs that you know of that are not already on the blogroll, please let them know about it so that they can contact me (and then I can add them, too).

David Royall said...

I have not checked in for a while. I am glad to see you were not affected by Boeing strike.

Congratulations on your new home, it looks like a great place for an astronaut to live.

In a few years there will be youngsters who will want to have their picture taken with you.

Great blog... keep posting.

Anonymous said...

Dear Damaris B. Sarria,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell how to repair a road bicycle. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
how to repair a road bicycle. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and you can pay for your how to repair a road bicycle whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: how to repair a road bicycle.