Monday, November 14, 2005

A view of Discovery's belly


I took this picture in OPF 3, home for Discovery. I thought this would be a good picture as it shows techs/engineers hard at work. All the green tags hanging from the tiles are to signify that a tile has some type of damage to be repaired. There are certain processes to repair the tile and it depends on the size and criticality.

This week we completed the tile repair inspections for Discovery and have moved on to Atlantis (OV-104). Oh and good news, I got my acceptance letter from Embry-Riddle and will begin taking graduate classes in January 2006!!!!

5 comments:

Wanda said...

Congratulations on your acceptance to grad school.

This is an amazing photo. I continue to be awed by all that goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Thx for teh pic. Its a chance for the rest of us to peek into teh world of space travel and research.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your acceptance in grad school.

Igor.
http://nuit-blanche.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. The photos are just the coolest ever!

drsankalp said...

I like to know how much american space programe is open for international research people?
I am orthopaedic surgeon from india with intrest in futuristic surgery methods.
Nice blog you are maintaining.
Can u give your e mail address?
c yaa
dr sankalp
www.docsankalp.blogspot.com