Monday, January 09, 2006

Working towards my Masters at ERAU!

Today when I got home from work, I started reading the first couple of chapters for my first graduate course. I am only taking one course this term through Embry Riddle and once I adjust and have a routine, I will increase the work load and most likely add another course in the upcoming terms.

On the side I am also making a plan to begin to study for the FE Exam. Passing this exam is the first step towards being a professional licensed engineer. After the FE is passed, I work at least 4 years in my specialized area and then prepare for the PE exam.

As far as applying to the astronaut program, the process is put on hold until at least July 2007. This week I started my workout training to get back in shape. There is a gym in the building at KSC and I am going to begin taking the time to workout 3 times a week during my lunch break.

At work I am still working with the team in doing the vehicle inspection of the previous tile repairs. However, we are almost complete with that.

I think it's time for me to take a cool picture and share it with everyone. I'll make sure to post something this week.

Everyone, have a great week.

3 comments:

JMB said...

Hi,Damaris!
Good to hear from you again
Thanks for the update

God Bless!!

Andy Rodie said...

Great blog Damaris, what an ispiration. Good luck to you.

best,

Andy

Anonymous said...

heya!
I also am determined to become an astronaut!
i'm in my final year of an aeronautical- space engineering degree at Sydney University. I also have an advanced physics degree. I'm 22 and on the point of making an important choice: Air Force Pilot or Engineer? Both can get me to be an astronaut if i'm good enough, both I'll really enjoy doing.
My question is this: where to from here? what do you think is the best approach for me to take?
- engineering job
- engineering masters/doctorate
- jet pilot/ test pilot in australian air force (cut- off to join as a pilot is 27). Note that I have both joint australian and british citizenship, so am eligible for ESA in theory.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

email: