Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Shuttle Imagery Team






Last week I was sent to Houston for Imagery Support. When the shuttle is launched and in orbit, there is a camera that takes high resolution pictures to determine whether there are any damages to tiles, damaged thermal blankets, or loose gap fillers, as in the last flight. The team that I am a part of looks at these images and analyzes any damage indications to make sure our astronauts are safe to come back home. Thought everyone might enjoy these.

8 comments:

fishlamp said...

Those are some fantastic images! Thanks for sharing. How awesome for you to be able to be a part of a team like that, and to see pictures like this all the time!

JMB said...

WOW!!! Those are some cool pix!!

God Bless

SJ said...

Amazing pics...

John Stockton said...

Great pictures. I have gone to the spaceflight galleries for years to find pictures like those.

Also, Good Luck! It's an adrimable goal that I hope you accomplish.

Kitlat said...

Cool pics.

Shola said...

Nice Pics.

Does NASA have a satellite dedicated to tracking the shuttle in order to take these photos?

Shola Ogunlokun
I want to fly a hang glider across the UK

Georgiapeach said...

When I first started blogging, you were the only site I would visit. I was a lurker than, my job changed my cpu and I lost your site. It just so happened, that we were throwing out cpu's today, they plugged my old one in and I found your site! Yipee. Glad to see all is well. Please don't let this comment spook you..rofl. I am really excited to have found your site again. I think it is wonderful that you accomplishing this goal.

Damaris B. Sarria said...

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/ap_sts114_update_050727.html

This is a good article about the team I am on. But to answer your question, there is a camera attached to the shuttle's robotic arm.