Thursday, January 10, 2008

Next Stop: Pennsylvania!!!!!!

I am looking forward to next week as I will be traveling to Pennsylvania to talk with Merion Elementary School on Friday. As I am on the Board of Advisors for the Coalition for Space Exploration, I met Penny Glackman, a NASA-trained educator at Merion Elementary, when I visited Washington D.C last year for an annual board meeting. Mrs. Glackman highly incorporates space science into her curriculum for the students.

Then on Tuesday of the following week, I will be speaking with the students of Ridley Park High School. I have been visiting Ridley Park for about two years now and have had such a great experience.

I enjoy visiting students at their schools because they are enthralled with the presentation, and sometimes after my talk, some will ask to speak with me for guidance or merely just to say thank you. It's a great feeling knowing you've inspired and made an impact on a student's life.

No comments: