Thursday, June 25, 2009

Endeavour's External Tank Testing



Endeavour still sits on the pad in the Florida heat as engineers and technicians work on addressing the leak during tanking of the External Tank (ET).

Next Wednesday, a full-up tanking test of Endeavour’s External Tank will be performed to test a potential solution to the leaking Ground Umbilical Carrier Plate (GUCP). The leading candidate for the cause of the leaks is believed to be related to the External Tank Carrier Assembly (ETCA) mounts. I’m pretty optimistic the tanking will go well and the fix will be successful.

Launch is still scheduled for July 11th, 2009 at 7:39 p.m. EDT.

2 comments:

Jishnu V Subhash said...

Hello Sir

Your blog is very much interesting; I am your blog favorites. also I follow your blog.

http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/

I have been maintaining this blog for more than a year.

My blog deals with current news on NASA Space Shuttle Missions,International Space Station News, Astronauts News and Moon & Mars, Aeronautics,Science & Technology

I have got many back links for my blog http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/ from related sites

So If you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for user and young school and college peoples.

Around 8,000 visitors daily visits my blog. So it will be highly benefited for your sites also.

It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/ in your blog so that it can benefit our visitors.

Hope you would add my blog.

Please respond to me for this mail.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Jishnu

Anonymous said...

Why, yes! Hello, SIR!!!

LOL!

Please try to pay attention!!!