Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sparlingville Elementary School - Day 1




I loved today! The students were attentive and enjoyed the presentation. They asked some awesome questions and were so excited to be able to see actual orbiter tiles and blankets. I presented to 7 classes today and tomorrow will be Space Day for the 4th graders. I'll also be talking to the 2nd and other kindergarten class.

For Space Day tomorrow, the teachers have set up 11 different "space stations" for the kids with different projects and they're broken up in three groups (Discovery, Atlantis, and Endeavour). I have 5 presentations to give tomorrow and then I'll be on my way back to Florida! :)

By the way....Atlantis has made it back to Florida!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not without stopping in San Antonio!
http://tinyurl.com/p9nvmu

Sal said...

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the stop over of the shuttle in San Antonio. I work at the Boeing facility there and while I did get to see it I would like some pictures of the event. It was awesome!

Cliffynator said...

I'm in Titusville, and was joking around at work how nice and quiet the Shuttle came in this week.

I was working on the Saturday the last Shuttle flew directly in from orbit. The double-boom caught me off guard at my quiet desk... I'll just leave it at that.