Monday, September 29, 2008

STS-125 Delayed....

Due to electrical malfunction with the Hubble Space Telescope, the servicing mission that Atlantis and the astronaut crew were going to perform is now going to be delayed. NASA will press ahead with the launch of Endeavour on November 14th, 2008. Atlantis will be removed from pad 39A to the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). Endeavour would then be moved to pad 39A for normal launch processing and modifications of pad 39B will continue for the transition to the Ares rockets to replace the space shuttle.

2 comments:

heroineworshipper said...

Now if only the rollback occurred this week & with a 24 hour advance warning.

HighDefDiscNews said...

Damaris, I saw your interview on CNN.com earlier and came across your blog. I'm as old as that shuttle you guys fly on, I was born in 1981 and I've been a long follower of the space program. So it's great to see the 50th anniversary and the release of "When We Left Earth" finally on Blu-ray Disc which I'll be reviewing later this week for my site (HighDefDiscNews.com).

As far as your blog goes, keep up the great work and remember that it's people like yourself who put their lives on the line to help for the exploration of space and bettering mankind's knowledge of that beyond us (on this planet).

I'll definitely be coming back here often and checking out your blog coverage of NASA. Very awesome approach and I'll add you're easily one of the most beautiful female astronauts in the history of NASA. But don't take that the wrong way, I'm happily involved with a wonderful girl but I felt I had to say that. :)