Sunday, March 29, 2009

Discovery Lands at KSC!

On Saturday at 3:14 pm, Discovery landed on runway 15 at Kennedy Space Center! This completed the 13-day mission successfully delivering the final pair of large power-generating solar array wings and the S6 truss segment for the International Space Station.



I wasn't able to see the landing for myself because I was in Pennsylvania visiting Ridley Park High School. On Friday I visited the high school to talk about the Orbiter and the Thermal Protection System. I received some great questions from the students and they enjoyed the demo parts I brought for them to see.


1 comment:

Christopher Lusardi said...

This is your chance to go to Mars!
Fill in your information at the below link destination and your name will be included with others on a microchip on the Mars Science Laboratory rover heading to Mars in 2011!

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/sendyourname/